Monday, December 04, 2006

Sick

I am sick, I am sick, I am sick sick sick. Think the pork soup bone on Saturday really did it for me. My tummy started feeling all tight and bloated. I couldn't sit or lie down or sleep. Finally, at 5am on Sunday morning, I threw up. On Missy's bed.


Missy was so good. She assured me it was alright and set about cleaning up right away without a grouse. I felt so bad but just as she was done, I did it again. On the bed again. And there was even more crap this time. I couldn't help it!


So again Missy had to get up and clean up the mess and changed the sheets. My crap was so foul it almost made her sick too. The washer went into overdrive that morning and protested so violently Missy thought it was going to blow.


I still couldn't sleep after that. Missy stayed up with me till 8am when she finally succumbed to exhaustion. I still wasn't better when she woke at 11am. Missy decided then it was off to the vet we go.


After having my temperature taken (read: thermometer stuck up my fanny), an x-ray, a jab, some antacids and $205, I was able to go home. Dr Pearson said if I kept my liquids down, I should be ok in a day or two.


I finally found sleep, which had eluded me almost an entire day and night, when I came home. Now now, this is big deal for a poodle who abides by her bedtime of 10pm.



I'm feeling much better today and can get up and walk around more. I've passed out some poop which Missy described as being much like dry soil *gross* but is a good sign nevertheless. I've also found a little strength to hold my tail up for a wag. But Grandpapa, Grandmama and Missy say I'm still not my usual bubbly self. I do not play when jie jie initiates a game of fetch. I won't have any treats. Missy thinks I've lost weight!

Oh boy do I want to get well soon! I miss life! I miss prancing about! And I feel so sorry for Missy who looks so worried and sad. I hear she has plans for us on Wednesday! Dear God, please make me well again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment